Sunday, October 12, 2008

Confession (gasp!)

I have a confession. This may be considered blasphemy in ohio, but I'm tired of hiding this: I think Busken's signature iced cookies are crap. There, I said it! The cookie dough itself is ok, I've had it in other baked goods of theirs. It's a crumbly butter/sugar cookie mess sorta thing, but it's still nevertheless ok. It's that bullsh*t they call icing drenched over it. And it's over almost every single cookie. Every. Single. One. And you know what, painting those seasonal decorations on them doesn't make them any better. It just adds more of that bullsh*t icing, only in fun colors! Mild fail. You may as well just hand your dentist a nice check, because your insurance sure as hell isn't going to pay for your own dumb mistake of eating a vat of sugar in the form of a lame cookie.

Now, let me say, I like Busken as a bakery just fine. There are plenty of other wonderfully indulgent baked goods to choose from, even tarts (the real baked good kind of tart, not the headlight tarts I saw at the bar) . But for some reason, a huge amount of people think these cookies are the epitome of awesomeness? Like they're some sort of treat and they should be regarded with reverence. No, not from this spaz.


So now I have confessed. Busken, your cookie is on notice.

1 comment:

LB said...

I confess that all other "Cincinnati" foods do not appeal to me either. Skyline might as well be served in a toilet bowl. Graters is sub-par to even Kroger ice-cream in my opinion. Don't even get me started on the cardboard and tomato paste that is LaRosa's pizza. And I could live the rest of my life without even tasting this “meat” product referred to as goetta.