Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pounce

Is it wrong that I have a slight crush on my high school friend's younger brother? He's a total hottie! He's only 2 years younger than me, so he falls w/in my acceptable cougar age (it's half your age + 7), and if he's anything like his sister, with whom I have been friends with since middle school, I will have nothing but an amusing time. Of course, while I've remained friends with his sister, I don't think I've ever talked to him. I could facebook stalk him, but I only have 70-something friends, and he's smart enough to figure out my true motives if I suddenly tried to friend him. But let me point out, 10 years ago, I made his day. Yes, 10 years ago. The story of how follows:

A few of my girlfriends and I were outside our high school, killing time while waiting for color guard practice to start (yes, start the ridicule). When his older sister, our friend, runs up and says, "my brother is coming here for his jv football game, let's say hi and embarrass him!" (we were 16 year old girls, this is what we did). Oh yes, these 2 went to different high schools, redistricting got them. So anyway, the jv football team pulls up, and all these adorable freshman boys start filing off the bus. We see our intended victim, call out "Hi Clayton!" in our sing-song voices. (I may have thrown in a finger wiggle wave too for good measure), and he promptly turned red, but smiled and waved back anyway. And I learned the next morning from his mom and sister (since they gave me a ride to school), that our girlish act of salutation had made him somewhat of a stud on his team. Because after all, 4 junior girls (and 3 of them in sport bras) say hi to you (rather than saying hi in response) as a freshman, well, that is studly.

So I don't think I've talked to him except that time to say hi in passing 10 years ago. Hmm, this makes my potential cougaring discouraging. That and I think that if I actually did try to pounce on him his sister might hurt me, and I can't out run her.

2 comments:

Sourire11 said...

Hmmm... I think the biggest con in this situation is not being able to outrun the sister. You're a marathon runner, though! You could probably take her...

Bad_Mommy said...

But...but...he's SO HOT! And you could totally outrun her, as long as you tripped her first.