Monday, October 13, 2008

Fantasy Football

Now that I have a fantasy football team, I have a sort of grasp on the whole football thing. I can name some players, what position they play, and even what team they play on. Sometimes I can name all three for one person. I know, awesome for a girly girl right? I even gained something that could be called enjoyment during the whole process.
Side note: I think being a defensive lineman is an awesome job, becasue you are a "professional hitter." Seriously, your only job is to yell and tackle someone. I bet it's a huge stress relief too. Had a bad day? Just drop a shoulder and lay someone out. I feel better already!
Anywho, back to the topic at hand. I love a dirty game as well. I like the harder then necessary hits, hearing the helmets smack into things (mainly other helmets), and the snarling/growling/smack talk the players utter. And if there's some sort of inclement weather too, and a dirty played game is dirty messy game, that's even better. So I enjoy watching some football, and I know it's a rough sport. But even though it's rough, I'm not about to cut them any slack for an injury. I'm sure it hurts to be hit by 300 lbs of charging/growling man. But it's one of the hazards of the job. A job you willingly signed up for alongside the exorbitant amount of money you get for playing a game. So since your job is to be the 300 lbs of charging/growling man, or to not get hit by him, you better be the prime example of physical prowess. If you get injured, put some ice on it and pop your pain reliever of choice.

But no. My fantasy players are doing all right; they have their good and bad games. And some of them get injured, despite my disapproval of them doing so. But if you are going to have an injury that takes you off my roster and not get me any points, it better be a damn good (or bad?) injury. Like surgery or a broken leg. And now, my 6'-2" 225 lb chunk of quarterback can't play for 4 weeks becasue he broke his pinkie. His pinkie. Prowess my ass.

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

men are such babies.

Also - I had a character score 30 points this week and it still looks like I'm going to lose. BOO.