Thursday, October 30, 2008

Da Club

I went out dancing a week or two ago. Maybe it's becasue I've been out of the dating scene for the past 3 and a half years, but I seriously forgot how high the creep factor was in there. It's like the black lights go on and the icky comes out (like csi-oh gross). And it's not just the guys, the girls are just as bad. Just becasue there is a pole, does not mean people want to see you up there. Black light isn't forgiving, muffin top is never sexy, even when you do have props. (It's bitchy because it's true) And the boys... well, number one, they're boys. Is there a troll convention going on? Who the hell moved the rocks you lived under? And what's with the aggressive? Dude, I walked away from you mid come-on, what part of that means, chase me, chase me! You know what also doesn't work? Standing a half inch away from me and leering at my chest. Neither is calling me a "sexy ass lady." (snort) Seriously, buy me a drink first. Not that it will get you anywhere, and I won't drink it due to the roofie possibility. Because yes, you are that type of guy. But if you are going to be that huge of a pig, you can waste your dirty money as a form of punishment. Smother on all the praise you can dirty boy, I'm not about to make out with you in the bathroom line.

But then again, I wasn't going there to meet my future husband (I wonder how he liked my letter?). I went to dance and have a good time with my girlfriends as a quick pick me up. And becasue my recoil factor was on high that night, it just shows me that I still have standards. And that was enough of a pick me up. That and trampling on a troll's mojo.

No comments: