Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Underneath the Christmas Tree

I have always thought it would super romantic to get engaged around Christmas.  Christmas can be very romantic if you make it that way, and proposing is super romantic, so to me, the two just go together.  So I've hoped that if the timing was right, I would get a proposal at the most magical time of the year. 

However, real life and fanciful proposal dreams often don't follow a plan, nor do they line up.  And so, when I got engaged the first time, a Christmas time proposal would have either been too soon in our relationship or past the point of me being patient and understanding.  But the lack of twinkling lights was no biggie since I was happy that it happened, and it didn't matter it wasn't at the time I imagined.  And also, turns out, that future husband was a dud.

So then the Christmas proposal still had the possibility of happening.  And I was fortune to get an upgrade on the future husband in the form of dr soc.  So I also get a do-over (or do-better) with this engagement and proposal.  So I could very well get my super romantic underneath the Christmas tree proposal.

Except for the fact that is is April right now and dr soc is going to ask me to marry him soonish.  I know it's soonish because yesterday he and I looked at the center stone for my ring an there's a deposit involved. (I was told to look around the store while the financial and timing aspects were discussed jeweler to future fiance.)

Now there's nothing that says dr soc couldn't wait until Christmas.  Except for the fact that I seriously can't wait that long.  I'm already nuts with excitement and the waiting is driving me a little (lots) crazy.  And I know that I know the ring's been ordered so I know the time frame that it'll come in.  Sooner's way better than later on this.  So when December rolls around and it is the most magical time of the year, I'll have a fiance by my side to celebrate.  Squee!

No comments: