Saturday, April 2, 2011

Crow's not that bad

Dr soc and I needed to know how much money we needed to save for our big day, and how long we had to do so. So we started looking at dates. (And I started squeeling. But I think by this point most of you know that goes without saying. So to save us all some time and me some writing, you can just rightly assume that if sparkle/the wedding/my marriage or some combination is mentioned, I am squeeling/giddy.)

Anyway, we start looking at dates/time frames, and what works best with dr soc's teaching schedule. (We're not really considering my schedule at the moment because eh, I don't have one) Turns out, one of the best weekends for us is late May, aka, Memorial Day weekend.

I've been on the nay side of holiday weddings before. In fact the reason I picked my last wedding date was specifically because it was not a holiday weekend. So me being ok with it and choosing it comes off as a wha? moment. I get that. But turns out, when you need to find a time frame you like/want and works for you, you say sure lets go for it.

And recently, I've been to a lot of holiday weddings, and I've had a blast. I haven't been any less happy for the couple, I haven't enjoyed myself any more or less due to it being a holiday, I didn't worry about the travel costs, and I've found that's it really not that big of deal to me anymore. I do still believe that a Friday night/Sunday wedding is still bull and an inconvenience though. The only exception to that is if the actual holiday itself, like New Years Eve, Valentines day, 4th of July, etc, is on those days or other weekdays. I would gladly go to a Tuesday night st patty's day wedding if that's what the couple wants. (And if I can make it too, but that's a different story).

So, while I do think birds are fowl creatures (hehehe, pun intended!) the crow I'm eating isn't that tough. I mean, I have an unofficial wedding date! Color me happy!

--blogger is publishing my blogs as one huge text block which I know is hard to read. I can't format at all for some reason. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this*?--
* I switched to the updated editor and I think that fixed it.  fingers crossed!

No comments: