Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Dreams

I did not stay up or try to wake up early to watch the royal wedding.  But I did dvr the thing so I could watch all the hoopla and also to close the door on that particular princess dream.  By the time I woke up this morning, took the dog out and fed her, there was a new princess in England.  I stayed away from the interwebs because I didn't want to ruin the surprise for myself.  I settled onto the couch, a dog on each side, a coffee mug in one hand and the remote in the other.

Here is a summary of what I watched and some of my running commentary: 
  • First hour and half: The Panthers selected Cam Newton.  And there were tornadoes in Alabama. ( I knew both last night).  English car.  The Panthers took Cam Newton!  Tornadoes in Alabama. Local weather. English person in a hat. The Panthers took Cam Newton! Local weather. Local traffic. Bad storms in the south. Cam Newton! English. Fun hat. Local news. Storms.  Yeah, hour and a half.
  • Ok, finally, live coverage of the royals arriving.  Hats!   
  • Man, the British do catty really well!  Maybe it's the accent.
  • Oh the queen! She's wearing yellow.  I like yellow.  Dude, did the fashion guy just dis the yellow?  Uh, no, you can't be catty about the queen.
  • Wow. It's really loud in Brittan!
  • Hey, the Queen moves really well. 
  • Should I be drinking coffee or tea?  Ehh, I'm not British. 
  • queen gets a fanfare?! Awesomesauce.  Wait, of course she gets a fanfare. She's the queen (bitches). 
  • Kate makes her appearance: Oh, pretty dress!  Bets are under or over: 15 foot train?
  • Of course she's wearing a tiara!  You are marring a prince.  She had a lot of tiaras to choose from. Once again. Of course.
  • Lovely is used a lot.
  • Pippa. Damn! That is a fantastic dress!
  • Agreed, very Grace Kelly.  Oh, from the House of McQueen. Nice. (Queen bitches. snicker) 
  • Harry's epaulets are eating him.  Look out Harry, I'm coming for you.
  • Why can't Wills look at her? Man, Mike better be looking at me when I walk down the aisle.  
  • Awwww.  They look happy. 
  • Singing. Crowd shot. Sir Elton! Queen, bitches. Cute British boys. And fast forward. 
  • Who coughed during the hold his part?  Dude. 
  • Yeah, traditional vows rock.
  • More singing. That's a stupid hat, I don't care princess or not.
  • Reading. More ffwd.
  • What's the newsworthy part about her leaving out obey.  We knew this days before.  I'm not going to say obey?  Mike can though if he wants.
  • Singing/reading. God I love my dvr.
  • Only 8 minutes left. Boo, the dvr didn't the balcony kiss.  I would have if the first half wasn't Cam Newton.  God I hate local news.

No comments: