Sunday, April 24, 2011

Leave a Note!

The other day Mike went into the office earlier than usual.  Since I was sleeping pretty heavily he decided to not wake me up (a wise decision), but he didn't leave a note telling me that's what he had done (not a wise decision).  So when I wake up and get out of bed, he's nowhere to be found in the house and there's no note telling me where he is.  He had told me the night before what his plans were, but I was still pretty foggy in general since I had been sleeping so heavily.  Remembering something he mentioned the night before in passing didn't cross my mind as the obvious answer, so I start to worry a little bit. 

I look again for a note, but nada.  I debate calling his office to see if he's there, but just to be safe I call his cell because that's on his person.  If he doesn't answer that then I'll know to start worrying more.  But he answers, he's in his office and he's perfectly fine.  I do not let him off the phone though without a mild scolding telling him he needs to leave me a note other wise I don't know where he is, and I get confused and/or worry.  Which I swear is not co-dependent at all.

Well, last night we rented the movie a 127 hours. I watched most of it. I say most because **spoiler** the amputation scene was too realistic and graphic for me and I had to close my eyes.  But no one goes to look for Aron because no one knew where he was even going.  The end of the movie it's revealed that Aron still does his outdoorsy stuff, but now always leaves a note saying where he's going.  And while I know that neither Mike or I will ever be as extreme outdoorsy or as much as a loner as Aron was, I still turn to my boyfriend and say: "see how important it is to leave a note?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i sound like mike and no wonder why my wife complains.