Friday, July 30, 2010

Musical Car Trifecta

Every now and again, my mom gets it in her head that I should park in the driveway and not the street overnight. I'm the last one out and in the next day, so I'm going to block everyone in with my car if I park there. And she quite often decides this after I'm already home from work at night and too tired to move my car 20 feet. So the street is a risk I'm willing to take.

My mother, however, thinks differently and she will volunteer to move my car for me. And fine, if she wants to do so, then go ahead. It's no skin off my teeth. Sometimes she nominates my dad to do the musical car game, and quick as a cricket he's snatched my keys and the car is moved. Because once you suggest something he's bound and determined to do so.

I for one, hate driving other people's cars and adjusting things in them. But if it's just to move the car, I'm not going to futz with anything. My mother doesn't touch anything. My father is just the opposite. He adjusts something, if not everything, if he's in the drivers seat.

Once I got back in my car to go to work, and not only had my father moved the seat all the way back, he had adjusted all 3 mirrors and changed the radio station. To move the car in and out of the driveway.

It was the trifecta of musical cars.

No comments: