Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First Impression

Back when I met dr soc's parents for the first time, after dinner together we decided to rent a movie. We all change into our pjs/lounging clothes and start getting drinks for downstairs. As Dr soc is tying his pj pants, the drawstring breaks. They have elastic in the waistband and will stay up on their own, but it was quite comical watching him standing there with half a drawstring in his hand and a well-what-the-hell-now-look on his face.

We've made plans to have dinner/him meet my parents the next night when we get back in town. And so dr soc is standing there in the kitchen with the imminent threat of his pants falling down and he says: "well, better this happened at my parents' house then yours!"
me: (laughing) very true!

The conversation continues down the path of awkward possibility and first impressions. But the thought of his pants first breaking, then falling down as he meets my parents sends me, dr soc and his dad into peels of laughter. This is when his mom walks into the room and asks what's going on/so funny?

And before my boyfriend can give the back story, I point an accusatory finger at him and say: "dr soc is threatening to moon my parents!"

To which I start to giggle uncontrollable again and leave dr soc to explain everything to his mom.
Ah, first impression are something else huh?

No comments: