Friday, July 23, 2010

Date?

I (sorta) got asked out the other day.

I ran into my math teacher from last summer at the gym the other day. We occasionally saw each other outside/after that class and would say hi and sometimes talk about running. He asked if I wanted to get coffee sometime and I said sure, so we said 1:00 on whatever day.

It was then that I wondered, did I just get asked out? I said yes? Was I that clueless? Umm, oops? I called dr soc as I left the gym and explained/asked what the hell just happened at the same time. He said since coffee is a vague, safe thing to ask some out for, it can be a friend, colleague or date thing. However, he wasn't mad at me because he's not that type of guy. He also emphasized how he was not the type of teacher who would see his students (past or present) socially too. (which I knew, but it's cute that he was trying to tell me how respectable he is. Also it's why he won't make out with me during his office hours. What? Why does he keep fighting me on this?)

Well, anyway, the coffee/friend date thing went fine and all I had to do was drop the boyfriend word into the conversation to set the situation down the platonic path. For example: I'm meeting my boyfriend for lunch in an hour. Which I then proceed to do. I had a nice coffee/friend date and a nice lunch date with my boyfriend. Good day for me.

And dr soc wasn't mad, nor is he a jealous type of guy. But don't think I didn't notice how kissy he was when he dropped me off that afternoon.

No comments: