Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. Yep, it outranks Christmas. I can't pinpoint the moment I knew this, but it's been within the past 10 years and I've always looked forward to it. It's low key but super fun, and you spend it with friends and/or family. There's usually great food and someone always has fireworks. I love fireworks. Just not the ones you set off yourself because they're dangerous and plus red necks do that. The past few years the 4th has involved heavy amounts of alcohol, (pudding shots, drunken pineapple/watermelon, sangria, margaritas...) which makes it fun and laughy as well. Plus who doesn't love a healthy dose of patriotism every now and again?

This year I'm not with my friends but I am spending the holiday with w/dr soc and his family. Which, I guess technically I consider him a friend too, but he's definitely a boyfriend first.

Also the 4th? Is Bailey's birthday.

Seriously momma, why you make me wear these things?

Her first birthday she spent it in surgery for her first knee. Her present was a morphine drip. Happy Birthday indeed. The 2nd birthday involved cake. This year, I'm just going to give her a rawhide and new toy. And make her wear her 4th of July/birthday bandanna. (see above) Hey, my doggie is 3! I still kinda think of her as a puppy though. They grow up so fast!

Happy 4th everyone!

No comments: