Saturday, July 24, 2010

Talky McTalky

I talk. Pretty much all the time too. I have famously said if I am not taking I am only one of two options: extremely tired (not asleep, mind you. I talk there too) or mad as hell.

Granted, I don't know/remember what I even talk about half the time, I just know that I was talking. But believe it or not, I can reach a point where I have nothing left to say. It is entirely possible for me to become "all talked out."

Seriously. And dr soc can attest to this. The first time he met my parents was shortly after I met his. We had had driven close to 6 hours that day and I had been on my A-game all weekend with his parents. Since we were with my parents at the time, I felt that I could relax a little and I was tired. (Plus, I couldn't very well over analyze and rehash every single detail of the parents weekend with him right there anyway)

So. I ran out of things to say.

I realize this, looked over at dr soc and said: "I think I'm all talked out"
His response? "Well sh*t."

Don't worry, I rallied. I wasn't about to hang my boyfriend out to dry leaving him with nothing to talk about except how awesome and accomplished he is. (which probably would have been ok though now that I think about it, because who doesn't want to hear how awesome their daughter's boyfriend is?)

No comments: