Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pay it Forward

I believe in karma.
Want proof?

I smile at the bus driver when I get on, and I make sure to say thank you when I get off. You just never know how far that will go. The other day, as I was getting off the bus, I dropped my wallet and didn't notice. It has my ids, credit cards, bus pass, pretty much my life in it. Another passenger saw me drop it, picked it up and ran after me. I had my ipod turned up a bit too loud and didn't hear the passenger calling out to me. So the bus driver honks his horn to get my attention, and then waits until the other passenger hands me my wallet.

I was absolutely relieved and of course I said thank you to both of them. I know how incredibly lucky it was that it went that way and my life wasn't stolen due to my own carelessness. It was a good situation for everyone. Me for getting my wallet back. The other passenger for running after me, and the bus driver for waiting. It was good karma for everyone involved.

No comments: