Monday, March 29, 2010

Marathon Dreams

Around Christmas time, I told my sister that I might, maybe in a few years, want to do a full marathon. After I'm done with school and have run a few more halves. I like the halves, it still requires training and I like a race that finishing alone is an accomplishment. But ya know, I was getting the itch that maybe I would want to do the full just to do it.

As I was taping my shins last week (my taper week) I made myself a goal. I thought to myself: my goal is 2:20 this time (hoping for 2:15 in all honestly). I can probably consistently take off time, and break the 2 hour mark. Then, that's when I'll do a full. When I run 13.1 miles in under 2 hours, my next big race will be a marathon.

I figured I had time, 2-4 years. Take off 5-8 minutes, maybe even 10 each running season. And then I rocked this last half. At 2:05:03.

Wow. That marathon just got a hell of a lot closer!

No comments: