Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shin Spints

I'm pretty sure I have shin splints. Shit.

For them to heal, you are supposed to rest them and ease back into your workout. Umm no, s'aint happening. My first half is in a week and a half, the 2nd is 4 weeks after that. I still have to run and keep in shape.

It's not just the running either, how do you rest you rest your legs? I still need to walk the dog, I'm on my feet at my job, and I walk a lot on campus too. I elevate my legs when I can, I ice them for an hour after work, but still, I don't think that's going to help them heal, just stop me from exasperating the injury more. There's always the tape option, which I'll probably start using as well. And that's a sexy look. My thick man legs with tape wrapped from my ankles to knees. Great.

Lesser of the evils I guess.

Still. Boo.

3 comments:

Bry said...

One thing you can do is take an ice bath every couple days or so. Back in my cross country days, we'd fill a garbage can with water and as much ice as we could stand and then stand in it for 15min. Your legs will feel like a million bucks the next day.

Biskieboo said...

Consider changing your running style. Google "bare foot running".

schizm42 said...

you don't have thick man-legs