Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nicknames

For my own pretend privacy sake, I don't use my last name on my blog. Because if I really did want to remain completely anonymous behind the safety of a computer screen, I wouldn't have a blog, facebook 4.5 emails and twitter. But hey, like I said, pretend.

I also rarely use my friends names, just initials to respect their own boundaries (or because there's a lot of us and it's just faster to list us by initials). Or I bestow blog names,like "dr friend", "default crush" or "library guy." Nicknames that you can probably guess who they are or how I know them, but it's still not an actual "here's who I'm talking about." It's a way of gossiping divulging sharing about my life but still keep a few things (sorta) close to the vest.

But one of my favorite nicknames for myself involves my last name so I don't use it here. Which is a shame becasue I like it. Oh well, I'm still pretending to be a grown up, I can pretend to be a private person too.

No comments: