Friday, March 12, 2010

Guide dog

So I'm sitting on the hall floor outside my class about an hour before it starts. I've got my head buried in social theory and when out of no where, there's a dogs face in my face and it's giving me kisses. Since I have a (naughty) dog, I'm ok with this. Surprised, but ok.

But I'm in Whitehall where I know the only animals allowed are service animals, so clearly that's what this is. It has the harness on and everything. And one of the attributes of service animals is how steady and patient they are. (this is how I know Bailey could not be a therapy dog.) Not easily distracted while guiding/therapy-ing.

But this dog is all into me, wagging it's tail, and clearly not being a service dog at the moment. I realize it's after my lunch where there's a pb&j. I know peanut butter is crack to dogs (Bailey runs into the kitchen when I take the jar down), but man, I had no idea how potent that lure is. Meanwhile, the handler had to tug on it's leash to get it to pay attention to him and then bumped into a trash can.

Worst guide dog ever?

I think yes.

No comments: