Friday, June 24, 2011

Tough Enough

I'm trolling the facebooks and the ad on the side is for once is not wedding related.  Instead, it's for some mud race.  Now I get this type of race isn't just splashing through some mud puddles and hoping over a few fallen logs here and there.  But the ad for it pissed me off, because it was presented like this:

Are you too tough for marathon running? How about 10+ miles of running through mud fire and obstacles?

Excuse me, but marathon running is not for the weak.  (Look at me, I haven't even done one yet and I'm already defensive of it.)  Getting dirty while running doesn't make you any tougher, it just means you get dirty.  So my reaction to the ad was: hey asshole, running a marathon is dedication and discipline. Running through fire is stupidity.

No comments: