Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Timers

We've looked and decided on our wedding venue* and we're thisclose to signing the paperwork and locking in the space.  I say thisclose because communication with them has been a bit of a chalange.  I've had to be a little pushy in my emails.  To thier credit though, they apologized for the wait so they are professional about it. 

Turns out we're the first couple to be getting married there.  Not only that, the building itself was just re-opened 6 months ago, and the executive staff is in transition a bit too.  There's still a few kinks to work out and wrinkles to smooth. 

I'm a first time bride* and they're a first time venue, I understand that there will be bit of a learning curve for all of us involved.  But I don't think I'm that crazy and by no means am I a bridezilla. (at least, no one has told me I am.  That is unless of course I am a huge bridezilla, so terrible that everyone is terrified to tell me in fear that I will rip off thier head.)  But I don't feel that bad about being a little pushy with them about communication.  Because if they want to be taken seriously as a venue and want to have more weddings there in the future, they are going to have to learn to deal with crazier brides than me!


*once secure I'll share the name of the place. Don't want to jinx anything yet.
**I only halfway planned a wedding before.  Doesn't count. 

No comments: