Thursday, June 9, 2011

Carb it up

My fiance apparently wants to make his already trim physique into a rock hard figure. (sweetie, if you get to the point where you can't lift your arms up all the way not I will not only laugh at you, I will continuously ask you to lift your arms up for my own amusement.  But if you do get an ass I can bounce quarters off of don't be surprised if I start throwing change at your ass.)  So his trainer has him on this new work out plan, but he also needs to change his diet a little bit in order to see results.

In other words, he should be cutting his carbs.

This is absolute blasphemy to me.  Especially now that I'm getting back into running, and I need carbs for energy.  I most certainly will not be making hamburgers without the buns or put my pasta recipe book away.  No way in hell would I ever do that.  And even though I don't know how to make rice in my mom's rice cooker and completely failed at being an asian there, I'm starchly (hehehe) refusing to cut rice out of our diet either.
    
Now, in fairness, he doesn't have to cut them out entirely.  He really just needs to cut the excess carbs out, and replace those with less processed options.  Like having a yogurt instead of toast with his cereal in the morning, or fruit salad in place of his late night cereal snack (that's one way to keep chocolate Cheerios in my house, have Mike stop eating them twice a day), or have whole grain pasta for dinner or brown instead of white rice.  That, ok, I can do that for him.

But really, he doesn't want to do this either.  And this is how I know.  
--Late night snack time-- 
fiance: What do I want to eat?
me: You want to eat carbs, you just won't.
fiance (sadly):  Yeah.  Maybe just a little bit of cereal won't hurt..?
me: I don't think a Sarah-sized bowl will hurt.  Or you can have fruit salad.
fiance: (sadly) Yeah....

No comments: