Thursday, June 23, 2011

Botulism

It is summer here in the Carolinas, and it is hot.  But since I prefer warmer weather to cold, I'm not going to bitch about the temperature.  Because it is so hot though, I sweat a lot.  I wear an antiperspirant/deodorant, but they only do so much in this kind of heat.  Plus, after a while, the smell of the deodorant itself starts to bother me and I need to go a day or two without.  It's better for your skin if you skip a day as well, so as long as I'm not going anywhere, everything's copacetic.

This really isn't that big a deal except that I'm getting married (squee!) at potentially hot time next year, and one of the last things I want to be worried about on my wedding day is to be sweating so bad that I stain my dress.  And I'm also incredibly vain.  So I was pretty intrigued when I heard that you can put botox in key places to control/stop sweating temporarily...

But when I casually mention this to my ex and almost sister-in-law as something I'm considering, they think it's a stupid idea, join forces to gang up on me and start making fun of me for that idea.  Not to be deterred, I decided they clealry didn't understand the importance of this and I would take pivotal things like this to my family and inner circle.  Because when I told my sister the same idea, her reaction was: the same as mine, intrigue and oooh we should do that.  See, that's what I'm talking about.  But I didn't marry the ex, and my neither my sister or I ended up getting botox for her wedding a few months later.  So I just tucked the idea of temporary botulism away for a while.

Of course I think about it again this wedding.  Of course I do.  I mentioned it to dr soc and he thinks it's a terrible idea.  (Clearly I do not.)  However, my sister told me that clinical strength antiperspirant works well if you apply it right, so I've decided to give that a try and not look into the botox thing after all.  But don't worry, I shifted my crazy beauty bridal thing from botox to eyelash extensions!  (Not to mention a full body wax and maybe a spray tan if I'm not able to get enough sun pre-wedding.  Oh don't judge me.  I am vain.)

No comments: