Monday, June 13, 2011

Elephant Feet

With websites like zappos, I can shoe shop whenever I want and never even have to leave my couch.  So I'm browsing for my wedding shoes.  Of course I am.  I haven't decided on anything yet and they may or not be colored.  Just cause.  If I do do color, they will more than likely be pink, but I may do yellow. (Blue would be cool too for my something blue, but everyone wants to do that since Carrie Bradshaw wed Big in that bullshit* sex in the city movie, and I am so not Carrie Bradshaw**)

I wear a 6-7, depending on the type of shoe.  Thing is, I have wide feet.  Which for some reason surprises people. I can wear a regular/medium shoe width fine, but wide shoes are much more comfortable for me.  Especially for running shoes, those things gotta be comfortable.  I want to wear my wedding shoes through my wedding day, because, well I do.  If I'm going to get fabulous wedding shoes, I want to wear them as much as I can on my fabulous wedding day. 

So I'm looking on shoe websites.  Of course the shoes I like are $230. Of course they are.  Then I turned on the filter option for wide, because why not.  But the wide heels (or heels that have a wide option) are mostly all kinda chunky looking and, in my opinion, kinda ugly.  Not what I'm looking for.  And I thought "what's with all the wide shoes being ugly?  I just have a wide foot, I'm not a freak." 

*I liked the show well enough, but it's bullshit.  In real life, power player guys like Mr Big don't change for their girlfriend, they don't fly to Paris to win her back, and they most certainly don't come begging to be forgiven after jilting their bride at the alter.   
**Clearly, I am Charlotte. Because she is the desperately wants to get married and have babies one.  And, I have dark hair.

No comments: