Sunday, July 3, 2011

Clown-phobia (honey, don't read this post)

My fiance hates clowns.  I'd say he's terrified of them.* So much so that he doesn't want anything to remotely resemble one even if the purpose of the thing is to be destroyed.  Like this cake: 

1st Birthday Party Smash Cake
a smash cake** for a circus themed 1st birthday party
While searching for a dog birthday cake recipe, the above cake was listed as a previous post in this baker's blog.  Knowing full well of my fiance's abhorrence of clowns, I ask: hey, would you be ok with a clown smash cake?
him: NO. What's a smash cake?
me: A cake you give to a baby for the purposes of smashing.
him: Oh. Still. NO.
me: Ok. I just thought you may** be ok with it since it is going to be destroyed.
him: NO. There is nothing celebratory about them.

* We can all assume I will be the ones taking our future kids to the circus.
**A little cake given to the birthday tot*** to mush and smush all they want.  And, if they have the dexterity, maybe get some in it's mouth/tummy.  I'm sure it creates moments of glee, loads of embarrassing pictures to be shown to future prom dates, and a sugar-fueled messy tot.  I for one, can't wait to do this for Sharktopus and Dinocroc.  (see, naming or future spawn for clarification, if needed)
** Of course I knew he wouldn't be ok with it. I am well aware of his phobia, but, I just can't help but to tease every now and again. (I love you honey!)
*** Can grown-ups get in on this action?****
****Actually, on second thought, never mind.  Mushing cake does seem like a fun idea, but really, it's just a waste of cake and wasting cake is a crime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I whole heartedly agree... Whilst it sounds like immense fun... Wasting cake in all its Yummy goodness is most definitely a crime! Xx