Saturday, July 30, 2011

Juxtaposition

I am dealing with two very big, but also very different things in my life right now.  My wedding, which I am incredibly happy and will babble on and on about, and my dad's condition, which I am incredibly morose and overwhelmed by.

It's very odd to be on both and opposite ends of the emotional spectrum. And they are seemingly unrelated to each other, but they also intertwine with each other at the strangest times.  One moment I'm crying in frustration about my dad's condition, and an hour later I'm giddily trying on my wedding dress and crying with happiness. 

I can compartmentalize at times, so I can feel completely happy when I should, and also sad when I should.  I can not mesh those two things and not feel twinges of a particular emotion when experiencing the others.  Other times I'm not quite as deft and emotions get mixed up.  But I really don't know if it's better to manically swing from one end of the scale to the other, or if I keep things jumbled up.  It's exhausting going back and forth.  And it's confusing to be both.  It's just, well, it's odd.

No comments: