Monday, July 11, 2011

Teeny-Tiny

I had to get my engagement ring re-sized.  As much as I really didn't want to take it off and hand it over*, it spun just a bit too much for everyone's comfort. A few years ago I was a 5, a bit smaller than average, but not ridiculously tiny.  When dr soc and I were ring shopping, he was smart enough to get me sized instead of just taking a blind guess in the dark.  And at the time, a size 5 still fit it seemed.

When dr soc put his ring on my finger, it slipped on no problem.  I also squeed and cried no problem.  And it spun no problem too.  This was back in May. So now that it's July, and 90-something degree days are the norm, my fingers are as puffy as they are going to get.  And now that I've just starting to train for my marathon, I may slim down a bit. Not to mention in winter, my hands tend to get smaller.  So if my ring was spinning now, it was more than likely going to continue to do so for a while from here on out. 

So I went to the jeweler and reluctantly handed over my shiny.  But I had to figure out what size I was now.  Turns out, I'm now a size 4 1/2.  Yeah.  Four and a half.  Even I can't deny how small that it.  So I finally just acquiesced to the fact that I am indeed, a very tiny woman.

*Seriously, I was not happy about giving it back. I whined almost every day "I miss my ring!"  And then when the jeweler unwrapped it and handed it back to me, I clapped my hands and squealed  like a seal.**
**Of course she laughed. I didn't mind, I'm amused at my own excitement.  

No comments: