Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Three Little Words

I really want to say those 3 little words. But what if I don't hear them back?
So I'm waiting for him to say them first.

Part of me is saying: wait it out, don't make yourself that vulnerable.

And the other part is saying put on the big girl pants and just tell him. I know he cares, trusts me, likes me a whole lot and is falling too. Maybe he's in the exact same place as me and is waiting for me to say it.

But then there's the whole issue of when is the right time to say them? They certainly don't count before, during or after sx. But how far before and how long after? And it doesn't count if both or either of us are drunk. But what about a glass of wine to lower the inhibitions? (a glass of wine makes me tipsy people. Yes. I know) And it doesn't have to be this huge declaration for the whole world to hear or a big production elaborately set up with candle light and rose petals (though I would like to be looking pretty if it happens). But it's still a moment you know?

I've had to catch myself a few times and bit my tongue as well. I think he knows I'm doing that too because we all know I chatter like a monkey. I have a feeling it's just going to slip out and I'm going to turn bright red when I realize what I did. And still, what if he doesn't say it back? I don't want another now what? moment with him.

No comments: