Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm All Ears

So get this: dr soc listens. And not only does he listen to all the babble that spills out of my mouth, he remembers it too.

I mean really? Who does that? Certainly not any other guy I've ever dated. (I could say the same thing 100 times and it never sunk in. Which was a blessing and a curse because I could pull the "I told you this already card" and guilt would take over from there, but also I was disappointed when I hinted I wanted someone to throw me a birthday party and instead they scheduled an extra band practice)

But when I realized dr soc listened, I told him that really only about 30% of what I say is actually important. Everything else is just fluff (or judging which he does not find endearing).

And to prove my point, the other night we're out with my friends, and one of my girlfriends tells her husband that "he isn't married to Sarah so he can't pretend to listen (like he did to her)."

And I pipe in with a "he listens!" and point to dr soc.

To which dr soc says: "didn't you say though that only 30% is important?"

See what I mean? Crap, I'm going to have to find more things to talk about now!

No comments: