Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blood Sweat and Tears

What an odd day so far.

First, remember when my wallet was stolen? I filed a uk police report so there would be a record of the theft, even though I figured I would never see the wallet or it's contents again. But the other day I received an email saying it had been found and returned to the Johnson Center (the scene of the crime). So I went to the gym today and picked it up, and everything was still in there. Everything as in my driver's license, my school id, all my credit cards, my kroger plus and blockbuster card (even I didn't know I still had one of those) a few old receipts and my bus pass was still taped exactly how I left it. Everything except the bus pass was canceled, invalid or no longer usable, so my bet is that this girl used that for the remainder of the semester because my wallet was "found" *returned* right after the bus pass expired.

Well, anyway I go work out and have a good run. My ipod is on it's last legs but that's another blog. I decided to do the plyo-boxes, and I was on my 3rd or 4th jump of the really tall one when I missed. BAD. My shins hit the edge of the box then slid down the lip of the it. I cried out, caught and held myself up with my arms and then tossed myself into a seated position on the lowest box. I looked at my throbbing, bleeding shins and desperately tried to hold back tears. Blood, sweat and tears never seemed more appropriate.

Other than my pride being mortally wounded, I'll heal soon enough. So I ease my way to the bus stop and figure I have about 10 minutes before it comes. I then proceed to wait 50 minutes in the blazing sun for it. A lady bug tried to crawl up my shorts, and I really really needed lunch too. I'm bleeding and in pain, I'm tired and hot, hungry and not in the mood to bug swat my pelvic region. So I texted/vented my frustration to dr soc that I couldn't decide if I was going to stab or cry.

Shortly after receiving that, he called to check up on me and make sure I was ok. Which really helped defuse my frustration and made me feel a lot better. And even though my legs and pride have seen better days, I'm pretty touched and happy that I have a boyfriend who cares.

No comments: