Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hoarders

Dudes, have you watched the show hoarders? That sh*t is f*cked up.

My friends told me about it but I didn't start watching it until recently until one night * with dr soc. We were fascinated, disgusted and drawn in like a moth to a flame. It's now our Monday night date.

The only small caveat is that now dr soc has this little tiny fear that yours truly has the potential of being a hoarder. That is, once he discovered the true nature of my housekeeping. The first time he came over I cleaned for company like you do. But since we always stay at his place, well, I haven't been as meticulous you could say. We were going out of town but before we left I needed to grab something from my room. Not wanting to be left alone with his girlfriend's dad, he followed me upstairs. I quickly warned him he would see the true nature of my room...and now, little scared of the potential hoarding.

Needless to say, my clutter/scatter tendencies are something he teases me about now. So every now and again if the subject of cleaning comes up he'll mention how non-hoarding is a good thing too.
And my mature response is: I do no hoard! I just have a lot of keepsakes. And a need to clutter every sq inch of horizontal surface.

* that same night there was a sneak peak of the show Obsessed which is about OCD, which was equally as horrifying/fascinating. At some point I looked over at him and said" this is the most romantic tv we have ever watched.

No comments: