Sunday, June 6, 2010

Go "There"

(This is sorta a 2 stories for the price of one blog btw)

Both my parent's wear some sort of corrective lens. Mom wears contacts and Dad wears bifocals he picked out in the 70's and refuses to change the frame style 40+ years later. So in 4th grade science class when we started taking baby steps into the world of genetics and hereditary traits, I knew that with both my parents eyes, it was only a matter of time before I would need glasses myself.


Two years later I got glasses and my eyesight continued to worsen for the next couple of years after that. Though they finally stabilized when I was in college. My prescription is fairly strong, strong enough that I cannot do anything without my glasses on. I'm uses to having some of the worst eyes in the group of people who wear corrective lenses group.

Turns out Dr Soc has even worse eyes. Almost 3x more worse then mine. Our kids are screwed. And when I told my friend that thought process she said: "oh, you went 'there.'"
Yeah. Opps. Didn't mean to do that quite so soon.

But then here's this: the other night Dr Soc and I went to dinner with some of my high school friends and the concept of twins came up. This concept horrified us all, from how comically huge we (the women) would grow if having twins, to raising two kids exactly the same age at the same time (that was more the men). Dr soc leans over and asks me:
Twins don't run in your family do they?
Me: No. Yours?
D
r soc: No.
B
oth of us: Phew.

So yeah, I went there. But it looks like he is a little too.

No comments: