Wednesday, June 16, 2010

OMG, I h8 that.

I hate text talk. It's one of my (many) pet peeves, I usually just find it annoying. Some of my friends do it, but as they are my friends and I don't judge them for it.

I do shorten when I need to and abbreviate for twitter, so I don't spell out every single thing. And I do use btw, wtf, occasionally lol, and fyi in some text messages as well. But fyi was an acronym before it was a text thing in my defense. I also use lol speak on occasion, but that's just funny and amuses me.

The bane of my text existence is: what r u up 2 2nite? It just makes me gag a little bit.

And can I say how much I love that dr soc also hates text talk? OMG, it's so nice to get a message with no acronyms. It's something we discovered about each other early on and we were both pretty happy that the other one wasn't a culprit of a pet peeve. We may text some long messages, but everything is spelled out and the there are no 2s, 2nite, 4, b, b4, 4ever, r, h8 or u. God, how we h8 the u for you.

No comments: