Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Own Sophie's Choice. Sorta

My favorite animal in the whole wide world is Bailey. Duh

But I'm having a hard time figuring out what my 2nd most favorite animal is.
I'm torn between a dragon and a unicorn.

I know, right? How do you choose? * Both are supposedly "mythical," but they both have Harry Potter references (and those books are awesome), which totally makes them real.

So on one hand, I have dragons. And dragon's are pretty bad ass. They breath fire, have scales, are great battle artillery and how unbelievably awesome would it be to fly through the skies on one? Yeah. Bad. Ass. You don't 'eff with a dragon. Or a person who has one for that matter either.
yeah, like you'd mess with this bamf

On the other hand, unicorns are the ethereal formation of pure good. They have sparkly flowing manes and can fly over rainbows. And take you to Candy Mountain. Riding on the back of one of those things is pretty cool too I bet. Sorta "I'm on a horse" old spice commercial style but way better because it's a unicorn.

I am magical!

Sure you may look all heroic if you slay a dragon, especially if it's in order to win the hand of the fair maiden/princess (though considering a dragon might be this princess's 2nd most favorite animal, slaying a dragon may not be the smartest idea. Just saying). But I'd rather tame the thing for my own bidding and use it to scare people. And if you slay a unicorn you make baby Jesus cry. And bring a curse to your land too. So you look like an ass hole.

Dragons, or unicorns? Bad ass or Candy Mountain? How can I choose? This may have to end in a draw.

* your boyfriend will choose for you sometimes. Mine has at least. Dr soc believes he already figured this matter out for me and that clearly dragons are obvious choice.

2 comments:

schizm42 said...

dragons are definitely the obvious choice. Unicorns don't come close.

Pegasus > unicorns (pegasus is just as pretty and can fly)

I can see an argument for pegasus over dragons specifically because they are less likely to kill you and eat you. However, Dragons are definitely cooler.

Anonymous said...

I agree - dragons win. When in doubt, I like to settle these things by having the two options fight it out in an imaginary battle royale. And frankly, the unicorn is getting flambéed.