Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Skivvies

Whoever said money can't buy happiness is a liar. Because I just spent a little over $100 at the Victoria's Secret semi annul sale and I am positively giddy about that.

So the semi-annual sale (SAS) started today and I went shopping. Of course I did. Though in fairness to my lack of patience, if I don't go within the first day or two they run our of my size. Seriously. The sale always starts on a Tuesday and once I waited to go on that upcoming Saturday and they had sold out. There was plenty of my sister size though which was fine, because of course I did not leave empty handed.

I've been shopping at Victoria's Secret since I was 16, when I barely had anything to fit in there. Long before the days I had a woman's figure and knew how to best utilize some of my assets. So I am a serious underwear shopper. Normally I approach my SAS shopping with a divide and conquer type gusto. Your personal bubble means nothing to me, I will not move when you want the bin I'm looking at, and I will take something you were just about to grab because I saw it first. I have gone to the SAS by myself, with girl friends and with my sister, and I will use the same tactics to strongarm some stranger away from my posse's possible shopping purchases. Oh yeah, you totally want me on your team when it's time to underwear shop.

It was a madhouse. A lacy, silky satiny, colorful, under-wire and mesh madhouse. When it's that crazy I feel perfectly justified in using my bullish tactics. But today I was a little nicer in that I didn't snatch anything from anyone and I talked to another women there. We needed different sizes so if we found one the other needed we passed them to each other, otherwise I probably wouldn't have been as nice. (I admit to feeling a little smug when I told her my size and her eye popped a little)

The only thing that disturbed me a little was the mass amounts of mother/daughter teams there. Which, to me the whole concept of buying sexy little things with your mom is a little creepy in my opinion. It's one thing to get lingerie in front of your mom at say, your bridal shower. It's another thing to buy it with her. And we're not talking mine and my mom's ages pairs, I'm talking about mom and her 13 year old shopping together. I understand buying the right kind of underwear to wear under a formal dress with your mom concept/outing. But I think those girls should juniors in high school, so 16 at the very youngest. And I know high school starts when you are about 14, but 14 year olds are not supposed to be sexy.

So besides that, it was a great shopping experience for me. I'm going to a different store later in the week with a friend too for another super fun time. I think it's a safe bet to say I'll attack that trip with as much gusto as this afternoon's.

No comments: