Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mystery Man

There's a guy in my chemistry class that I've noticed, and I can't decide if I like him or not. I don't know his name, how old he is or even if he's a nice person. I don't know any of that stuff. But I know he runs and he seems smart. And from what I've heard by eavesdropping (oh, like you've never done it), he's a little older than the average college student (how much I don't know) and he has a dry sense of humor. He also sounds like a borderline-know-it-all-jack-ass at times too, but I really can't tell.

He's got a strong jaw and I've noticed his eyes. From my quick scans, I can see he's only a few inches taller than me, so clearly, too short. But he has the swagger of a guy with confidence, the kind of confidence that only comes from age and experience. But as I've just mentioned, he seems like a borderline jack ass. I have a feeling that if I did ever talk to him, I wouldn't like him. Something about him seems off to me, I'm not really sure how to explain it. I don't even feel like I want to be friends with this guy.

And yet, I find myself inexplicably noticing him and looking at the back of his neck every class. And talking about him here.
So what is it that is slightly drawing me to this guy? What is making me want to learn his name? Why does he stand out a bit from the other 140 or so people in my class? Why is he mystery dude? And I'm intrigued by being intrigued.

But honestly, after the final, I will probably never see this nameless, too short might be a jack ass guy again. So this is a moot point really. And now, I don't think I ever want to know his name. That way he can remain nameless might be a jackass guy from my chemistry class. Hmm, long title for a guy I don't want to know about.

No comments: