Sunday, November 29, 2009

Baggage

I want to be a mom. I want to be a wife. This is no secret. And I know that comes across as intense and scary and boys will run away screaming. But it's better that they run, saving me the time and leaving less to sift through.

I want a man who wants the same things I want, the way I want them. And I want all of that in a guy without kids.

L
ook, I've been responsible enough to not have kids by now. And I think since I have been responsible enough, he should have been too. I know accidents happen and ultimately he doesn't have the same kind of say in a pregnancy that the woman does. And there's a sad truth in that he can always walk away, as cowardly as that is. But is it too much to ask for a man who doesn't want kids at the moment to actively take a measure in preventing them?

And I know as I get older, this may be harder and harder to find. And it's not cool that someone as put together(ish) as me has to search for an equal. I'm smart, I'm pretty, I'm fun, I'm charming, and I don't have baggage. Ok that's a little lie. Everyone has baggage. It's just a matter of how you check it. But I'm not in the mood to check his carry on luggage. And kids? Carry on luggage.

No comments: