Monday, November 9, 2009

Bring It On

Hey remember in the summer how I was thinking about running a half marathon in the fall but I was worried that I couldn't handle training, work, super hard science classes and the possibly a boyfriend? And remember how I eventually decided not to because I knew I couldn't handle all of the above, even though the boyfriend didn't happen and school was way worst than I anticipated? And how classes are vindictively hard and I feel like they're pointing and laughing at me because I'm the dumb girl in class so all I do is comfort eat and the 8 lbs I've put on since summer are not making things any better? ::Breathe:: (Yeah, it's been a rough semester (in other news, I think I'm finally used to saying semesters though.))

So, uh, the point? I didn't run a half in the fall. But, I am going to do one in the spring. So I picked the one in Nashville in late April, because it's somewhat close, I really like that city, and I love country music. While I haven't officially signed up yet, I plan on doing so by the end of this month (mainly because I don't want to go downstairs and get my credit card). But then my mom tells me that Lexington is going to have it's first ever half marathon this spring. It's a month before the Nashville one, and it's in my own back yard (sorta). I don't have to start training until Christmas, so I still have plenty of time to get physically in shape (plus loose those 8 lbs. Course, training starts right after the holidays, so there may be 2-5 in addition at the start of it).

There's no reason for me to not do the one at home. 13.1 miles is still 13.1 miles, it's just a matter or where you sleep the night before. But I really wanted to do the Nashville one this year. Then it occurred to me, could I do both? According to my sister (who I ask all running related questions and conundrums before I decide anything running wise), as long as I keep running between the races, then doing two half marathons within four weeks of each other is absolutely possible. So you know what? BRING IT!

But back to the remembering. Remember how in summer part of me thought run in fall despite all the road blocks? And remember how the other part of me just thought I was crazy for wanting to do just that?

How crazy do you think I am for wanting to do both now?

No comments: