Thursday, February 19, 2009

Twitter

I linked my twitter feed to my blog, but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep that up. I like having a few separate groups, like high school friends, college friends, girlfriends, ect... (and there is overlapping). So linking my twitter feed (aka, snarky college commentary) to my blog (random thoughts and life doings) seems a bit too close for my liking. And it's a little too: no one cares what I had for lunch sorta deal (I am all about that lunch phrase right now for some reason).

I'm much more of a blog slut then a twitter slut though. My blog, I don't care who reads it (well I do care some, I change some names just in case). And I like getting comments and feedback on it, so I encourage people to read it if they find me entertaining. But twitter, I have my settings so that I actually have to approve you if you want to "follow" me. Because bitchy comments are fine between a few close girlfriends, but not everyone needs to know that the 19 year old next to me wont turn off her phone even though it has been ringing for a thousand minutes and is making me stabby. (however, I am the same user name on twitter that I am on blog spot if you do want to follow me)

And I'm not exactly sure what Twitter is either, but I joined so we can keep in touch with my friend about to go on maternity leave. I wasn't sure if I would use it at first, but I've realized it's quite handy for me. Because there is just too much random to keep in my head.

1 comment:

John said...

That explains why I get a message from Twitter asking for a username and password every time I load this blog....