Monday, February 23, 2009

Question:

How do you know when a boy likes you? Or at least wants to start liking you? There's a guy at work who makes an effort to talk to me when we run into each other. And he told me he liked my hair cut. So clearly, I think: oh oh he might have a crush on me! Yay for that! Because if a boy talks to you, then that means he likes you right? Right?

My rational is that since boys don't speak girl, so when they always say hi, (and you don't know them that well yet), doesn't that mean they are making an effort and maybe want to have a crush on you? Of course, he could just be friendly and talk to everyone. And then I don't feel special anymore and also a bit foolish. Sigh, I used to be someone people came to for dating advice. Not so much anymore. And I was really good at this stuff too. I flirted with everyone (and boy did I ruffle some feathers in that process (but I did get most of the boys I wanted!)) And I managed to keep a crush interested in me for 5 years before I finally put out. And he still liked me after wards (hell, that interest has lasted longer then my relationship with Mark-and w/him I put out quick. Waaaaaait a second... I'm seeing some sort of correlation here...) Mad skills I had.

And now, I end with Yoda talk and I wonder: when a boy tells you he likes your hair cut, does that mean he has a crush on you or is he gay? (pounce skills are rusty too)

2 comments:

John said...

It could be that he likes you.

It could be that he's trying to build you up and make you feel better about yourself. (Currently, I'm pursuing one of the above strategies with a girl in my church, though I'm not entirely sure which one)

It could be that he's trying to be friendly and is buttering you up to help that along.

It could just be that he thought your hair looked nice, and decided to say so. There are a few straight men who realize women like to be complimented.

The gay angle is outside my area of expertise. The only experience I have here is when a guy at the library in downtown Lexington told me I was "sexy" and "luscious." To this day, it's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me; I just wish it had been a woman.

schizm42 said...

hmm... For me its just that i like the haircut. nothing complex behind it =P ... I'm also rather blunt