Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm a Senior?

I walked a mile or 2 extra today around campus, but it was well worth it. I changed my major to chemistry today! And here's how it all went down.

I leave class from the biology building and start heading towards the College of Agriculture, which is what college I was in. I walk past the pharmacy college, nursing college, Kentucky Clinic and the ambulance terminal of UK hospital. Find the Agriculture building and wander in there for a bit. But I had no idea where to go really, so I asked the librarian (somehow I found the farming resource area?) where I need to be, and she points me down the hall (I lucked out there). That office sends me to the office right next door. And then that office tells me my major is in another building completely. Turns out, I need to to to Erickson Hall, which is even further into campus them my starting point of this walking adventure.

Undeterred, I re-walk past all the buildings from earlier, plus the law college, the aging center and Funkhouser (that's a real name people. I've grownup with it. Still. Makes me giggle a bit). Find the correct office (woo hoo!) and get my records. As I'm filling out the paperwork, the secretarty asks what year I am, and I honestly have no idea (being a transfer and the quarters don't equal semesters doesn't help me solve anything). She tells me I have 140 semester hours, I'm considered a freaking senior. Too bad those credits are all counted as general credits and don't get me another BS in my new field (or into pharmacy school) right away either. Longest senior year ever.

But anyway, I get my records, and she sends me to the Paterson Office Tower (POT. Also grown up with. I still smile. I am maybe 14) to the office of the new college I want to be in. But at least that's closer then the farm college I didn't even need to go to is. But there was no line, I turned the paper work in, and I've declared it, I'm going for a BS in chemistry now. I emailed my new adviser to set up an appointment to schedule next semester's classes (you know, I don't even know who my adviser was at uc. Did I even have an adviser?). Now, if I don't get into pharmacy school, (because you just never know), or at least not right away, I'll at least have a chem degree, and I can still work with drugs. Because that' what I really want to do anyway. Yay drugs!

1 comment:

John said...

I see two big up-sides to this.

1. Better parking next year
2. No stinkin' classes you care nothing about that are required to graduate EVEN THOUGH YOU LEARNED ZIP FROM THEM!

Sorry. Bitterness.