Friday, February 13, 2009

Cover Hog

I'll try not to make my blog all about Bailey, but it's hard not to talk about her like she's my kid.
She's always been a cuddler, and it's really really cute. But she's also bed hog. That's partly my fault because I let her sleep in the bed in the first place. I wanted her to take former pet dad's space in bed as we were breaking up, so he wouldn't have any room (her license now is in my name and my name only, so she's no longer any part of his dog in my opinion). But darling thing that she is, she always cuddled up to me and gave him all his space (that sweet loving bitch).



Well now, I have a queen bed so there's room for her to have her very own side. It's where she waits for me while in class or at work, and it's the first place I look if I don't see her. Even though I made her a brand new bed and placed it on top of the covers, she doesn't want that spot. She likes my spot, and she'll take the second I turn away. And I'm never surprised to see her sprawled out in the sunlight or curled up in a tight little ball right there. Without fail, she's right beside her bed, but she's never actually on it on her own free will.

So really, she probably thinks the entire thing is her bed, she just graciously lets me sleep there.

No comments: