Monday, February 9, 2009

Choo Choo

I'm training for the Derby half marathon right now (choo choo, like a train! Get it? Sorry lame joke). Meaning, I'm making time to run, and I'm getting a specific amount of miles in per day (and yes, Amy, I'm sticking to the plan you made me so far. No I'm not lying). I'm taking Bailey with me on a few of the shorter runs, and she's a pretty good training buddy. But she's not ready to do the longer runs yet, since she isn't strong enough from her knee surgeries yet. Franky neither am I, but I don't have the same excuse. I was just unmotivated until now.

Even though you're not supposed to run the race with your headphones/ear buds, people do it anyway (like Katie Holmes did during the NY marathon. First she gets in after the entry deadline, then runs with ear buds, and then her bat sh*t crazy husband runs up to her in the middle of the race because he just had to hug her around mile 19. Dude, you messed up her and everyone else's stride! But at least my sister beat her marathon time by a lot so there, nanny nanny boo boo. (I hate Katie Holmes)). I do train with my Ipod, even though I won't wear it during the race like the rule abiding person that I am. It helps with my pace work and sometimes you just need something else to think about besides breathing correctly. You would think it's just inherent to breath, but you have train your body to breath steadily for that long without keeling over.
But for some reason, my right ear bud will not stay in my ear. Every few minutes, I have to readjust it or put it back in. It doesn't mater if I put the left or right ear bud in my that ear, it somehow manages to wiggle and fall out. I know you ears aren't identical to one another, but do I have that major of a difference in ear hole sizes? How does my right ear have such a bigger hole? (that's what she said!)

1 comment:

John said...

Totally understand the earbud dilemma. I've been there. Ear canals are funny things.

Not funny ha-ha, though.

Obviously.

Okay, totally shutting up now.