Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bedhead

I woke when the dog climbed/tripped over me and started whimpering at my door. Normally she stays in bed when I get up (and promptly takes my spot), so I took a look at my clock and it hit me: holy crap, I should be catching the bus right NOW! I have an 8 am class, so catching the next bus won't get me there in time, and I had a biology test today too, so missing classes was not an option. So I fly downstairs, announce I've over slept and ask if one of my parents can give me a ride to school (UK traffic/parking is a royal bee-yotch and I have no intention of ever driving to campus if I can help it). Because if there's one thing I know about my parents, it's that if it involves school, they will help out if they can.

In 10 minutes, I have thrown on work out clothes, brushed my teeth, packed my backpack, poured my coffee (god bless delay brew) let the dog out and back in, and my dad is driving me in the eco-friendly Prius to school. Phew! I made it to class with a few minutes to spare (we live less then 5 miles away from campus), and I think I did ok on the bio test too.

So a stressful morning. But after class I went for a run (supposedly running helps reduce stress, but I have yet to experience a runner's high), so I was going to shower later in the day anyway. And the good news is, I was seriously rocking the bedhead look. And I? Have really awesome bedhead.

1 comment:

John said...

Ohhh, yeah, you'd have to park in K Lot, wouldn't you? It gets better once you're an upperclassman... upperclasswoman... upperclassperson. Then you get C lots, which are pretty convenient and totally worth the cost.