Friday, February 20, 2009

Bruised in Places I Won't Mention

You know what's not fun? Wrestling a 45 lb spaz on the kitchen floor. I was trying to trim the dogs talons (nails), but she was having none of that business.


She sees the clipper and wants to eat it first. Then I try to get her to sit and she's immediately wary (I did bribe with a treat though). Once she figures out the whole deal she starts to spaz, squirming, twisting, flailing, anything to get away from this evil clipper. So I've got her in a doggie choke hold of sorts, but I've got both arms and legs involved to counteract her 4 flailing appendages (seriously, wrestling). And no fair, she has a tail and was trashing it around like a weapon too. There was defiantly a head butt in there too from her. But then once I had her sufficiently still, that left me w/out a hand to actually pick up the nail clipper and use it.
Fail.

I might have gotten 4 of her nails clipped. Exhausted and bruised in places I'm too much of a lady to mention, I gave up and she scampered off and plopped down in from of the heating vent. So yep, she totally won that one.

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

Yeah we stopped fighting with Dexter about the nail clipping when we discovered a groomer that will do it for $10. Totally worth the ten spot to not have to pin him down - he's little but he's feisty!