Thursday, February 16, 2012

crazy cost vs just plain crazy

Not only are flower for a wedding my size silly expensive, no one really remembers them. Seriously, I don't remember the flowers/decorations from any of the weddings I've been to and/or in.  Nothing against them, but it's just not of of the aspects most people remember. So, after some hemming and hawing, I went to the internets and fell into the Martha Stewart tissue paper flowers page.  Then I got excited about spending $200 in supplies instead of $2000. And then I heard about donating the flowers to a hospital, and that they would last much longer than real flowers, and I get really excited about being able to do some greater good by way of my wedding.

I buy a glue gun. I buy some tissue paper. I prep the area like nobody's business. I am ready and I will attack this bubble of tulle project with gusto!
This was me yesterday:
MAKE ALL THE FLOWERS!!!!!
---and then, an hour later and 12 (of 2000) flowers made--
make ALL the flowers??

Damn you Martha Stewart! Damn you!
Also: thanks be to hyperbole and a half for the images and the hilarity. (and Jeanne for bringing them to my attention in the first place)

No comments: