Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Speculating

--Via gchat w/my sister--

Me: did I tell you that I secretly hoped my new neighbors were related to the president? I don't think they are now, but I had my reasons.
Amy: Why would you think that? Because they are black?
Me: Yes, but there were other reasons: They have a black curly haired Bo-ish looking dog. And the clincher, one of their vanity plates reads LUVOBAMA.*
Amy: You know a family's dog genes don't get passed through family right? ;)
Me: Yes. But it was still fun to speculate.
Amy: ok
Me: And NOW I don't think they are because dr soc met them and their dog is about 10 years old so I knew it wasn't Bo-related. And the secret service didn't investigate me or check to see if my house could be used as a safe house just in case the president visited either.
--pause--
Me: This is what I come up with because I have no job.

* while I am conscious of not using my last name and even many people's real names to give some semblance of privacy, if you have a vanity plate it is assumed that you do not wish to be anonymous and therefore are fair game for blog material.

No comments: