Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Best Kind of Cake

It's dr soc's birthday today! Happy birthday honey!
However, since this is my blog and I think my friend and I are hilarious, here's a conversation I had with a girlfriend a week ago about dr soc's birthday cake.

me: His birthday is this Saturday and I said I would make him a cake. And guess what kind he wants?
LB: Something really hard to make?
me (gleefully): Nope! He want funfetti!
LB (excited): That's the BEST kind of cake!
me: I know! I was so excited.
LB: Now, did he want funfetti all by himself or was there any prompting on your part?
me (proudly): all by himself!
LB: Really?
me: Yep. I told him I would make him any kind of cake he wanted, chocolate, strawberry, marble, whatever, I would try. And then he asked: 'what's the cake with the sprinkles in it?' And I got super excited and squealed 'funfetti!' And he said, yeah, I want that. So. Funfetti it is, icing and all.
LB: That is awesome. He likes the best kind of cake. Good for him.
me: I know, I was so proud when he said that. I thought, oh, he'll fit into the group just fine!

No comments: