Monday, February 7, 2011

Dough Boy

Over the course of our relationship, I have gained weight due to being content, eating whatever and also not working out. Dr soc has lost weight due to a shoulder injury and him not working out and loosing muscle mass. He claims it has nothing to do with him not being content like my weight gain signifies, but at times I am a crazy women and take this weight loss as a personal front. In other words, he needs to fatten up so I believe he is happy and thus making me happy.

But in the past month we joined a gym and have each been going 6 days a week. And since moving to Charlotte, I have a kitchen that I cook in almost every night which is super fun for me. But I also cook with dietary evils such as 2% milk, pan drippings and gasp(!) real butter. I'm not pouring lard down people's throats, but I'm not known for cooking with reduced fat options either. I figure, it's all about the moderation.

With all the gym going though, I'm not loosing weight, but that's not a goal for me. I'm running at a faster pace and I'm running more efficiently, which is what I want. Dr soc however, is trying to gain weight, much to the hatred of anyone who has ever tried to lose weight. Granted, he wants to gain 20 lbs of muscle, which is different, but still, it's weight gain and fattening up which is what I wanted. And he's getting there too. Though we're not 100% sure if it's via the muscle building, his mass protien intake or my cooking style.

dr soc (to his brother on the phone): Yeah, the gym is working out well. I started close to 168 and I'm around 174 now. --pause-- Maybe because I was at a standstill for a while and my body is just adapted quickly.
me: (snort) I think it's the butter.
dr soc: Sarah thinks it's the butter. Which she may be right on part of that.
me: Win for Sarah!

No comments: