Monday, August 30, 2010

Matchmaker

In the beginning of February I paid just under $180 for a 6 month membership to eharmony. *
It was worth every penny.

Yep, that's how dr soc and I met. And actually, he was my first date from it. He wasn't the only one to ask me out and I did have another date with someone I met on there (which was fine and we played the who do you know game since we went to different high schools in town). But once I was talking to dr soc and he finally asked me out, (I tease him about that but I actually understand the timing) and when we met and eventually ya know...
It was him. Just him.

I admit I was a little apprehensive to be going on an online dating site to find someone at first. What would people think? (plus, what if no one liked me?) But I wasn't meeting anyone new, let alone someone I would want to date. I needed some new venues. But I don't care how we met. I'm just glad that we did.
Because here I am, we are, six months later on the path to happily ever after.

Worth. Every. Penny.

*No. We are going on the commercials.** My friend has told me she will mock me relentlessly if we do.
** That is unless they pay us handsomely of course. Money always drowns out mocking.

2 comments:

Bry said...

For what it's worth, Christy and I met online, and know at least 2 couples apiece personally that met online.

Spazzella said...

I heard enough success stories through the grapevine to give it a shot. And I'm really glad I did!