Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No Boy Scouts

Dr soc and I were watching "I Shouldn't Be Alive" one night, and the story was about a boyscout troop that had gotten lost in the Grand Canyon. Three of the teens had separated from the troop to find help but they were suffering from severe dehydration and sunburn and were in grave danger of heat stroke. I noticed only two of the three real life shouldn't be alive interviewees were being interviewed, and thought that maybe one of the boys didn't make it. My suspicions were confirmed a few minutes later in the show when one of the boys succumbed to severe heat stroke even after medical attention was given.

This made us understandably sad, and the thought that this could happen to anyone's kids, especially mine, made me scared. But I need to lighten the air so I say to dr soc:

me: the kids are not going to be boy scouts.
dr soc: agreed.
me: besides, if they are boy scouts, at some point one of us would have to, ugh, camp with them.
dr soc: ugh. I definitely agree.

--a few minutes later--

me: oh another reason the kids can't be boy scouts: scout moms hate me.

No comments: